Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
BCG continues to grow its Social Impact Practice, bringing our world leading strategy consulting and implementation expertise to address some of the biggest development challenges in economic development, education, and global health. We have rapidly built our reputation as trusted partners to governments, foundations, bilateral and multilateral donors, development financial institutions and international organizations.
To grow this practice further, we are looking to invest in growing our Global Health relationships in Africa where we have a strong reputation for excellence across various topics, including health systems strengthening, delivery of care, family health, management of infectious diseases.
To this end, we are looking to hire a Project Leader or Principal to work closely with the Managing Directors leading this work. We are looking to attract an exceptional individual with strong expertise and track record in project delivery & implementation for donor and government-funded programs.
What You'll Do
As an Expert in the Social Impact Practice, you will have two broad roles:
1. Market engagement:
· Develop BCG’s reputation in the market as a high performing, value-driven, and reliable partner for proposal consortia and delivery
· Support BCG Managing Directors in developing an approach for identifying and winning project opportunities that are aligned to BCG’s values and strengths
· Proactively track upcoming solicitations and bidding opportunities through identifying potential partnerships with donor counterparts
· Lead coordinated teams to deliver winning proposals in line with BCG guidelines and USAID requirements
· Contribute to the development of additional opportunities in global health and development beyond project opportunities and delivery, including Seat at the Table opportunities
· Analyze market and public policy trends to inform BCG’s overall Social Impact and USAID market strategy
· Contribute to the intellectual property of the Social Impact Practice by developing and writing external publications, drawing on the expertise developed through client work
· Build awareness of BCG capabilities in this space by participating in key industry / subject matter forums, presenting on topics relevant to clients
2. Project delivery
· Provide leadership in delivering global health programs to the highest standards
· Develop BCG internal capacity to develop project delivery approaches that generate high quality results and are compliant with reporting standards
· Ensure that BCG has the appropriate compliance and risk framework to deliver bids and projects
· Build appropriate in-house expertise to manage program-level monitoring and evaluation, external reviews and impact measurements
· Provide project execution and global health topic expertise including:
· Manage or contribute to projects with aid agencies, foundations, NGOs, and corporations
· Act as a true team player and collaborate with different functions across our clients in executing projects
· Manage and help develop/apprentice junior colleagues
Expert consultants are vital to BCG’s ability to successfully meet our clients’ demand for deep expertise and advanced technical capabilities. Our experts are driven by a passion to explore and innovate in their field. As part of our consulting cohort, they work alongside our generalist and specialty consultants to form “one BCG team,” capable of delivering deep strategy and technical expertise. Experts come from diverse backgrounds, with expertise usually gained outside of BCG in either industry, government, academia, or specialized consulting.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
· Minimum of 7-15 years of experience in a combination of healthcare and global health and/or development, including:
· A strong understanding of global health within the African context (with particular emphasis on Nigeria and West Africa)
· An extensive network that spans the leading development organizations, donor organizations and partner governments
· A deep understanding of public sector procurement processes with prior experience drafting technical and commercial proposals
· Experience across concept development, project implementation, change management, program management, client engagement, skills transfer and monitoring and evaluation
· A relevant advanced degree (e.g. MD, PhD)
· Willingness to travel internationally (up to 50%) and a demonstrated interest in working with organizations around the world
· Team oriented mind-set and strong interpersonal communication skills
· Must be fluent in English. A basic understanding of French is a plus, but not required
BCG works with organizations in the social, public, and private sectors to deliver frame-breaking solutions to some of the most complex problems in contemporary society. In total, BCG delivers over 350 social impact projects to more than 200 organizations annually. We bring our traditional emphasis on in-depth analytics, strategic insight, and the innovative application of digital technologies to magnify the impact of BCG’s six global social impact partners---the World Food Programme, Save the Children, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Yunus Social Business, the WWF, and Teach For All—on major global challenges ranging from global health to the environment.
BCG also works with private sector clients to make social impact an integral part of their corporate strategies. The goal: maximize companies’ positive societal impact, an objective that we believe is as important to future business success as traditional financial metrics such as total shareholder return. At the local level, our offices around the world partner with a range of local non-profits and NGOs, delivering consulting projects and volunteer activities.