Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
PIPE PRACTICE AREA
Our PIPE practice area is an exciting, fast paced, growing business that serves the world’s leading private equity funds and other principal investors across the investment lifecycle, from due diligences in a pre-deal stage through to post-deal portfolio value creation and exit planning strategies. Our mix of transaction related and portfolio value creation work ensures a constant variety in the work we undertake. We work for a broad spectrum of leading global private market funds, from traditional private equity buy-out funds through to pension, infrastructure and some of the largest global sovereign wealth funds.
Consulting with BCG will mean that you work on the biggest issues being tackled by senior executives across different industries, topics and geographies. BCG’s experience working with leading private equity firms and principal investors around the world, combined with our industry and functional expertise, means that you will help global investors chart a course in today’s complex and fast-changing environment.
What You'll Do
Are you a talented professional with experience of Private Equity or M&A transaction work? Do you want to advise long-term investors on strategy and operations? Are you driven to make a difference?
BCG is looking for Experienced Professionals to join our London team at Consultant level within our PIPE (Principal Investors & Private Equity) Practice Area. We are looking for professionals with over 5 years’ full-time experience working in roles with exposure to transaction work, either currently working within consulting or from industry. We seek individuals who have excelled in previous roles and are looking for a new challenge. You will be working with professionals who have deep expertise and together you will help long-term investors develop navigate challenges in buying, selling, and creating value during ownership.
- As a Consultant, you will work alongside case team members to help drive analysis.
- On commercial due diligences for example, you could be assigned a work stream to assess the attractiveness of a particular market, analyse the competitive landscape of an industry, or dissect a company’s business plan to determine its feasibility.
- As you acquire successful experience on projects and assignments, you will be given end-to-end responsibility for the delivery of work streams and lead the presentation of your findings to the client.
- You will need over five years of full-time work experience to join as an Experienced Professional at the Consultant level.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Significant experience post-graduation in roles with knowledge of private equity transaction work, for example:
Strategy consulting with experience in transaction/deal projects, e.g. CDD/VDD
Private Equity including investment teams, operational teams and middle office roles with knowledge of CDD and/or VDD
Investment banking with knowledge of M&A and/or transactions
- Strong academics (at least 2.1 or equivalent) from a top-tier institution
- A track record of leadership and achievement both in work and/or activities outside of work
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills and written and spoken English
- Excellent numerical skills, analytical and structured with the potential to conduct advanced quantitative analysis
- Solid business acumen, commercial capabilities and business judgement
- Flexible, curious, and able to propose innovative ideas
- Problem solving – able to take a creative and an hypothesis driven approach in order to solve complex problems
- Team player, open and positive in a group dynamic
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive
- The ability to demonstrate leadership, valuable contribution to a team, personal learning, evidence of outperforming peers and exceptional drive and commitment.
- Relevant experience of devising and implementing business strategies involving quantitative analysis, conceptualisation and communication of strategic solutions
- Active involvement in extra-curricular activities undertaken during studies
WHAT CAN A CAREER AT BCG OFFER YOU?
AN OPPORTUNITY TO INNOVATE AND CHANGE:
- As a trusted advisor to the world's most influential private market investors, we have a legacy of developing deep insights and game-changing ideas. You will support these clients through some of their most challenging investment decisions.
- We don't work on clients, we work with our clients to understand their unique situations, what they look for in a potential transaction and uncover insights that help them know what needs to be done.
- With BCG's customized approach, ideas trump tenure. Our case teams take ideas from all levels in order to deliver breakthrough insights to our clients.
TRAINING AND MENTORING:
- At BCG, we’ll arm you to take on any challenge you choose, inside or outside the firm, by providing you with the support, unsurpassed training and opportunities enable you to become a leader responsible for real and lasting impact.
- We embed mentorship and apprenticeship throughout your time at BCG. You will have a support system of career development advisors, the guidance of project leaders, and partnership with your colleagues and teammates at every turn.
A COLLABORATIVE APPROACH:
- At BCG, collaboration is key and at the heart of our work. As a core member of our PIPE practice, you’ll join a growing team of talented individuals, operating alongside and learning from people from a diverse and broad set of backgrounds.
- Life is not all case work, of course. Apart from many events within the PIPE practice area, you can get involved with many social and cultural events, athletic teams, and volunteer opportunities at BCG.