Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion we're keen to engage with experienced, passionate and creative IT Consultants having domain knowledge on Insurance who will help us unlock our client’s digital potential and ignite change, primarily in the Insurance Sector. We are helping Insurance clients transform the way their technology enables their business strategy and long-term strategic goals. We build unique solutions to the complexities our clients face, while providing our people with opportunities to explore and grow. A community of leading experts, BCG Platinion team members have a natural springboard for professional growth and deeper opportunities to excel.
As a Senior IT Consultant, you will work closely with our client’s leadership teams to understand their key challenges, define IT strategies, win buy-in for your recommendations and collaborate with BCG case team members to transform client potential into performance.
You will deploy customized IT strategies, digital platforms and architecture in order to leverage the digital potential of our customers with state of the art tools such as cloud computing, AI, blockchain, microservices and containerization.
You will work on a variety of technology topics, applying your technical consulting skills to strategic technology questions. You will also be supported by an extensive training curriculum, plus technology-specific training and mentoring to help build upon you technical skills. You will also help guide junior members of the team, help with project proposals, client care and building relationships with peers.
Finally as a Senior IT Consultant you will contribute to the Practice Area development and help to build the BCG brand as a key member of the case team.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
• At least 4 years of experience in IT Strategy and consulting, professional software development or IT project management
• Prior IT consulting experience
• Demonstrable understanding of the insurance value chain (including sales, distribution, customer management, underwriting, claims management, policy servicing and reinsurance)
• Experience within Insurance on Digital Transformation Experience - end-to-end -driven change through the full lifecycle (discovery, business requirements definition, design and implementation) with an understanding of testing, post go-live support and run
• A strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills, strong customer focus and mental agility with a results orientation
• Experience in legacy environments and modern approaches to technology
• Track record of Agile consulting and advisory with experience in Digital and Agile transformations at scale
• Experience in IT organisation and process development
• Experience in the organisation of workshops at peer level and facilitating in client meetings
• Strong business acumen; can frame complex problems in appropriate business contexts
• Fluent in English
• A University degree with above average academic performance in a STEM related field or business management