Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion we're keen to engage with experienced, passionate and creative Designers with backgrounds in Strategic Design who will help us unlock our client’s digital potential and ignite change. Meaningful work is at the core of everything we do. We build unique solutions to the complexities our clients face while providing our people with opportunities to explore and grow. A community of leading experts, BCG Platinion team members have a natural springboard for professional growth and deeper opportunities to excel.
As a Senior Strategic Designer you will work closely with our client’s leadership teams to understand their key challenges, define design Strategies, win buy-in for your recommendations and collaborate with BCG case team members to transform client potential. As a member of the team, you will be part of a rich community driving inspiration, knowledge and guidance throughout the strategic design lifecycle. You will help design and facilitate immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary clients using divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products and services.
You will identify insights from customer research and market analysis and bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight opportunity frameworks, ecosystem maps, stories and scenarios through conceptual design work. You will work alongside peers from our product management, engineering, architecture and consulting teams to ensure that there is a shared understanding and adoption of human-centric design. You will communicate ideas using design techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps, infographics and iteratively design, to test and refine disruptive products and services.
You will help to create the strategic vision and play a key role in prioritising roadmaps whilst communicating budget & resource needs. You will be responsible for specific parts of the project, prepare communication artefacts, manage quality and risk while maintaining client expectations and escalations. You will support the chosen validation strategies and ensure high quality levels are met whilst driving products to meet their full potential. This will result in the providing our client’s with an actionable roadmap to execute themselves or up to MVP collaboratively with BCG.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
We’re looking for exceptional talent from consulting, industry or both to join us. You would typically have:
• 6 + years of experience in end-to-end Strategic Design including a range of Human Centered Design activities including in areas such as service design, design research (qualitative and quantitative), divergent exploration, conceptual development, or industrial design consumer psychology.
• Consulting or Digital Agency background preferred.
• A background in product prototyping and testing, future visioning and strategy development in a client facing environment
• Strong knowledge of research methods and frameworks, user interface standards, tools and industry guidelines
• The ability to reference best practices and design patterns and can solve complex problems and novel interface challenges
• Strong understanding of user experience design principles and best practices with the experience and judgement to question convention when appropriate
• Visual communication skills, using sketching and other tools to articulate thoughts about complex problems, datasets or experimentation
• Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with at least 3 of the following tools or technologies: Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, Adobe XD or similar prototyping tools and AfterEffects
• A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strong human centres design capabilities and core craft-skills across a variety of clients and industries showing process, methodologies and success
• Experience working within Agile / SCRUM methodologies
• Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions
• Demonstrated experience in research techniques and strategic / service design techniques
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. An excellent communicator (verbally and written) with confidence and experience in public speaking
• Organisational skills, self-motivation and resourcefulness coupled with a creative mind-set, presence and gravitas
• Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel to clients’ world-wide
• A Bachelor or Master’s degree with above average academic performance in a design related discipline such as: Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, Service Design, Design Planning, Strategy or other relevant experience