Partner - Strategy& (Formerly Booz & Co)
Dr. Raed Kombargi is a Partner with Strategy& and the leader of the firm’s Energy, chemicals, and utilities practice in the Middle East.
He focuses on strategy development, concession agreements and commercial joint venture setups, cost reduction, operational excellence, capability development, and operating model assignments in upstream oil and gas.
Raed’s client engagements have included:
- Exploration and production strategy development for a midsized independent oil company in South Africa
- Gas feedstock assessment for a large Korean petrochemicals conglomerate looking to establish a presence in the Middle East
- Development of a gas-pricing review strategy for a South East Asia national oil company
- Development of the upstream part of an integrated energy strategy for Iraq
- Renewal of a gas concession agreement between a major NOC and its international oil company partners
- Feasibility assessment of an LNG terminal for a GCC country
He is the author of several publications, including “Cooling our world: How to increase district cooling adoption through proven regulation”, “The outlook for gas in the GCC: Implementing commercial principles, reaping greater economic benefits”, “Three biases that impede local content development: Seeing through the illusions” and “The outlook for renewable energy in the GCC: Mostly sunny with a chance of rain”.
He joined Strategy& in 1999. He left in 2012 to join Bain’s London office, and returned to Strategy& in 2016.
Raed holds a Ph.D. in applied physics, a master’s degree in philosophy, and a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in science, all from Columbia University in New York.
The global market is defined by its complexity and fluidity. To shape your future you need to make bold moves, but, of course, that takes time. And money. And people. That’s where we come in. Strategy& takes a bold and pragmatic approach to strategy. We help you see not only where you need to go, but also the choices you’ll need to make to get there, so you can forge a clear path from today’s potential to tomorrow’s promise. As the only at-scale strategy business that’s part of a global network with deep and broad capabilities expertise, we combine our strategic foresight with the experience of frontline teams across PwC to transform perspective into pragmatism, and ambition into action. The result is a strategy process powerful enough to capture possibilities that have yet to be imagined, while practical enough to ensure effective delivery. It’s the strategy that gets an organization through the changes of today and drives results that redefine tomorrow. It’s the strategy that turns vision into reality.