Partner and Managing Director - Strategy& (Formerly Booz & Co)
George Sarraf is a Partner and the Managing Director of Strategy& in the Middle East. He is a member of the Middle East Leadership Team and sponsors the ESG platform in the region. Previously, George led the Energy, chemicals, and utilities practice in the region.
He has over 25 years of consulting experience and has led high-profile client engagements in the Gulf region, Levant area, North Africa, and beyond. His main industrial focus is oil & gas, power (including renewable energy), water, and district cooling with functional expertise around business strategy formulation, regulatory frameworks development, pricing strategies, local content policies, research and development, and operating model design.
In addition to his client work, George has authored multiple articles and reports, including
- How cities can stay cool on a warming Earth
- Cooling our world: How to increase district cooling adoption through proven regulation
- From technology adopters to innovators: How R&D can catalyze innovation in Middle East national oil companies
- Securing the future of natural gas in the GCC: Time for sustainable price reforms
- Unlocking the potential of district cooling: The need for GCC governments to take action
- The future of IPPs in the GCC: New policies for a growing and evolving electricity market
- Lighting Up Economic Cities
George holds engineering diplomas from the Ecole Polytechnique and the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications in France.
The global market is defined by its complexity and fluidity. To shape your future you need to make bold moves, but, of course, that takes time. And money. And people. That’s where we come in. Strategy& takes a bold and pragmatic approach to strategy. We help you see not only where you need to go, but also the choices you’ll need to make to get there, so you can forge a clear path from today’s potential to tomorrow’s promise. As the only at-scale strategy business that’s part of a global network with deep and broad capabilities expertise, we combine our strategic foresight with the experience of frontline teams across PwC to transform perspective into pragmatism, and ambition into action. The result is a strategy process powerful enough to capture possibilities that have yet to be imagined, while practical enough to ensure effective delivery. It’s the strategy that gets an organization through the changes of today and drives results that redefine tomorrow. It’s the strategy that turns vision into reality.