Partner - Strategy& (Formerly Booz & Co)
Haroon Sheikh is a Partner with Strategy& and the leader of the firm’s defence practice in the Middle East.
He serves military clients across the region on a wide range of areas that support military operations, including logistics transformations, innovative work on strategic partnerships with industry, capability development, and implementing large-scale ERP systems.
Haroon also advises defence industry on strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Post Merger Integration and Joint Ventures. He has worked to create the national defence industrial champions in multiple GCC countries and his work has been recognised in the highest military circles and institutions in the region.
An avid writer, Haroon has co-authored numerous articles and reports, including:
- Advanced MENA defence contracting: Partnerships for improved performance
- Military readiness in the MENA region: Providing an accurate picture for planners and commanders
- Modernising GCC military HR models: Improving morale, motivation, and performance
- Reconsidering military ICT security: A risk-based approach to modernization and information superiority for GCC armed forces
- The emerging GCC defence market: The $30 billion opportunity
- Fit For Service government: The opportunity in the GCC’s fiscal challenge
- Resilient and agile: Making logistics a combat multiplier for GCC armed forces
- Collaborative sourcing: How GCC group organizations can optimize their procurement spend
- A new paradigm for military logistics
- Rethinking the military procurement process in the Middle East
- How militaries can improve medical logistics planning
Haroon holds a B.Sc. (Honours) in economics from the Lahore University of Management Sciences, and an MBA from INSEAD.
The global market is defined by its complexity and fluidity. To shape your future you need to make bold moves, but, of course, that takes time. And money. And people. That’s where we come in. Strategy& takes a bold and pragmatic approach to strategy. We help you see not only where you need to go, but also the choices you’ll need to make to get there, so you can forge a clear path from today’s potential to tomorrow’s promise. As the only at-scale strategy business that’s part of a global network with deep and broad capabilities expertise, we combine our strategic foresight with the experience of frontline teams across PwC to transform perspective into pragmatism, and ambition into action. The result is a strategy process powerful enough to capture possibilities that have yet to be imagined, while practical enough to ensure effective delivery. It’s the strategy that gets an organization through the changes of today and drives results that redefine tomorrow. It’s the strategy that turns vision into reality.