At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Transportation and Logistics
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
As a member of PwC’s rapidly growing Middle East Transport & Logistics (T&L) Practice, you will
have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry. You
will enter a fast career track, and have the opportunity to rapidly expand your horizon across the
entire Middle East T&L industry.
Regionally, the maritime sector is playing a pivotal role in both shaping and enabling ongoing
national transformation programs through enhancing the ports and maritime infrastructure and
performance, enabling efficient import and exports of goods and people, streamlining intermodal
connectivity and attracting foreign direct investments. PwC is at the heart of this sector’s
transformation. We boast a globally recognised practice with over 5,000 professionals, and a very
strong presence in the Middle East. As part of our regional practice, you will be a member of a wider
community of multi-modal experts that provide a one-stop business advisory solution to both public
and private tier-1 organizations.
As a Senior Manager you would combine a track record of strategy or management consulting with
a proven portfolio of projects in the Ports and Maritime sector, and broader transport & logistics
industry knowledge, preferably in the Middle East region. We expect our Senior Managers to be
thought leaders within their areas of expertise and have an incipient network within the sector.
Responsibilities as a Senior Manager:
● Lead and deliver consulting assignments – develop content, project plans, distribute work to
team members and oversee day-to-day delivery. Assignments are expected to be
predominantly within the land transport sector, but could also include to the broader
transport and logistics space
● Perform hypothesis driven thinking, guide the team’s analyses and push their thinking to
draw meaningful insights, and ensure credibility of analytical approaches, methodologies
● Review work produced by the team to ensure highest quality levels output aligned with the
scope of work, delivered on time and within budget to the expectations of the client.
● Engage client counterpart(s) to align with them on the work plans and interim and final
● Ensure smooth handover of project deliverables and results and effectively close out
consulting assignments with the client.
● Build strong, trusted advisor relationships with your clients beyond the immediate consulting
assignment and identify and contribute to follow-on work, and maintain an emerging network
of contacts and relationships inside and outside the firm’s network.
● Proactively lead the drafting of proposals and marketing efforts and participate in proposal
pitches with a focus on converting pipelines into secured mandates .
● Stay up to date on the land transport industry in the region, including the government agenda,
players’ positioning and strategies, latest trends and developments.
● Develop and maintain intellectual capital and publish thought leadership on aviation to
enhance our brand.
● Provide guidance and coaching to team members as needed and ensure a professional and
productive team environment.
● Mentor – formally and informally - other members in your team/ business unit in order to
foster a high performance team environment.
● Manage internal requirements for quality, compliance, policies, procedures and systems and
● 8-12 years of professional work experience out of which at least 4-6 are in consulting with a
leading global consulting firm, with a proven portfolio of projects in the ports and maritime
sector, preferably -but not necessarily-in the Middle East, advising tier-1 organization
● Experience in ports, commercial and passenger shipping, regulatory authorizes, ports related
freezones, investment funds active in this space, and / or ports and maritime Authorities or
governmental entities in the sector.
● Key areas of functional expertise include, but are not limited to, strategy development,
strategic transformations, capability led transformations, strategy implementation, corporate
governance, operating models, etc.
● Strong business acumen and structured problem solving capabilities, using first principle
thinking to frame solutions. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, validate,
structure and analyze financial, operational, and market data.
● Output focused and resilient with the ability to rally resources and maintain momentum
within a fast paced and high energy team.
● Able to work independently and effectively within a team.
● Strong communication skills with the ability to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment.
● Ability and willingness for frequent travel within the GCC and Middle East.
● Education: Relevant Bachelor’s degree, with Masters degree a plus, ideally an MBA from a
reputable business school.
● Language Skills: Proficient in written and spoken English. Arabic is a significant plus
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)