Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
The Operations Practice (OPS) is one of BCG's largest functional practices. We help our clients create competitive advantage by enhancing their performance and building strategic capabilities. BCG’s expertise in Operations covers the following areas - supply chain management, procurement, manufacturing, service operations, cost efficiency, operational transformation, research & product development, program and project management, all with a strong digital and analytics overlay.
What You'll Do
Our Fashion Operations team help fashion retailers rethink strategy and optimize operations to meet the changing demands of consumers, production, and supply networks. Our fashion consulting team lives and breathes fashion, bringing decades of experience with major-brand clients.
As a Consultant in the team you’ll work alongside some of the world’s top minds on cases that improve or transform businesses and help them achieve excellence in what they do. You’ll collaborate on challenging projects with team members from many backgrounds and disciplines, increasing your understanding of complex business problems from diverse perspectives and developing new skills and experience to help you at every stage of your career—at BCG and beyond.
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
Hands-on industry experience in the best-in-class luxury fashion space with a particular focus on end-to-end Supply Chain, Sales & Operations Planning or Sourcing
A blend of luxury fashion operations and previous consulting experience is desired
A track record of navigating complex problems and driving significant performance improvement within Operations
Able to question the "status quo", creating transparency for clients, synthesising & advising how to improve
Willingness to travel internationally and to work remotely on client sites
Excellent problem-solving skills - hypothesis-driven approach and advanced quantitative analysis skills
Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
Experience working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams
WHAT CAN A CAREER AT BCG OFFER TO YOU?
AN OPPORTUNITY TO INNOVATE AND CHANGE:
- As a trusted advisor to the world's most influential businesses, governments, and non-profits, we have a legacy of developing game-changing ideas.
- We don't work on clients, we work with our clients to understand their unique situations and uncover insights that help them know what needs to be done.
- With BCG's customized approach, ideas trump tenure. Our case teams take ideas from all levels in order to deliver breakthrough results to our clients.
TRAINING AND MENTORING:
- At BCG, we’ll arm you to take on any challenge you choose, inside or outside the firm, by providing you with the support, unsurpassed training and opportunities enable you to become a leader responsible for real and lasting impact.
- We embed mentorship and apprenticeship throughout your time at BCG. You will have a support system of career development advisors, the guidance of project leaders, and partnership with your colleagues and teammates at every turn.
A COLLABORATIVE APPROACH:
- At BCG, collaboration is key and at the heart of our work. As a member of one of our teams, you’ll operate alongside and learn from people from a diverse and broad set of backgrounds working together on teams that are tailored for each client.
- When we ask our clients for feedback, the number one thing they most frequently highlight is our collaborative approach in working through challenges and solving problems as a single entity.
- Life is not all case work, of course. You can be involved with many social and cultural events, athletic teams, and volunteer opportunities at BCG.